Hull & East Riding Citizens Advice Bureau
As an Adviser you will be at the heart of our service, giving advice to our clients on a wide range of issues. You will receive full training in the skills you need to help people deal with their problems and given all the support you need. You will do some or all of the following:
• Finding out the key points of a clients problem
• Finding out what a clients problem is and finding out the best way forward
Some specific enquiry area examples are:
• Helping a client with debts to work out a reasonable rate of repayment and supporting them to negotiate this with creditors
• Interviewing a homeless client to find out what their housing options are and helping
the client decide their next steps
• Interviewing a client that has been sacked and finding out whether they have lost their job unfairly or not.
About Citizens Advice Hull & East Riding
At Citizens Advice Hull and East Riding we help people resolve their problems such as benefits, debt and employment, by giving them the information and advice they need. Good quality information and advice can make a huge difference to peoples’ lives, including reducing stress and improving their finances.
Our service is free, independent, confidential and impartial. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit do-it.org.