Crohn's and Colitis UK
We need your support to help people living with Crohn’s and Colitis.
You can make a real difference to people’s lives by joining our team. We organise events for people living with Crohn’s or Colitis and we help raise awareness of the conditions with general public – all in your local area.
From educational talks to social events, we help give people the comfort and confidence to live freer and fuller lives. And together, we can make our voice heard.
It’s simple and rewarding to get involved, visit crohnsandcolitis.org.uk/volunteering or speak to a team member today. Together, we can make the greatest difference.
About the role:
Lead our local team of volunteers who actively plan and deliver awareness raising activities; organising events, writing articles and creating newsletters, managing social media pages and fundraising.
What this role involves:
- To facilitate Organising Team meetings.
- To ensure that network functions are fulfilled – delegating responsibility of appropriate tasks to other Organising Team volunteers where appropriate.
- To support Organising Team volunteers as they undertake their roles and ensure the team works together to plan and organise activity in the local area.
- To receive and make regular contact with the Charity’s Volunteering Team, other volunteer Networks.
- To be familiar with Crohn’s and Colitis UK’s Constitution, guidelines and procedures, and ensure the Organising Team follow these.
- To ensure the Organising Team make known to supporters of the Network the information and support that Crohn’s and Colitis UK can provide.
- To attend training/development and other events hosted by the Charity; encouraging all volunteers to take part where appropriate.
- To build good relationships in the local community, with other networks and with local health professionals and have regular contact with the Network’s Medical Adviser.
- To represent Crohn’s and Colitis UK within the local community.
To apply for this job please visit do-it.org.