Appointment requirements: Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association’s policies).
The responsibilities of the Treasurer:
– Manage and monitor the financial activities of the Group and its Sections, District or County/Area/Region
– Act as Treasurer for the relevant Scout Council
– Prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Executive Committee
– Leading the Executive Committee in the creation of budgets and financial planning, and monitoring of these
– Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of accounts and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations
– Ensuring that the Group, District or County/Area/Region is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place
– Preparing the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Committee and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting
– Administering the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules
– Membership and attendance of any finance working groups or sub-Committees set up by the Executive Committee, where appropriate
Mostly evening and weekend work – approx 6 meetings per year
To apply for this job please visit doit.life.