Scout Association (Humberside)
Appointment requirements: Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association’s policies).
The responsibilities of the Treasurer:
- Manage and monitor the financial activities of the Group and its Sections, District or County/Area/Region
- Act as Treasurer for the relevant Scout Council
- Prepare and present financial reports and accounts to the Executive Committee
- Leading the Executive Committee in the creation of budgets and financial planning, and monitoring of these
Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of accounts and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance
with legal regulations
- Ensuring that the Group, District or County/Area/Region is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place
- Preparing the Annual Statement of Accounts for independent examination and approval by the Executive Committee and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting
- Administering the process of Independent Examination of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules
- Membership and attendance of any finance working groups or sub-Committees set up by the Executive Committee, where appropriate
Mostly evening and weekend work – approx 6 meetings per year
To apply for this job please visit do-it.org.