British Red Cross The Red Cross helps thousands of people every year we are there to help prevent unnecessary hospital admissions by providing extra support and care at home. The support can enable people to regain their confidence and independence. The service includes: assistance with shopping, collecting prescriptions, offering companionship & rebuilding confidence. The service is available on a short-term basis and is provided free of charge. Referrals are accepted from GPs, primary care trusts, hospitals, social workers and individuals. For further information get in touch with your local Red Cross branch office.
The relevant services we run in the area are:
- Mobility aids (Mobility aid hire) including toilet aids and wheelchairs
- Assisted Discharge (transport home from hospital)
- Support At Home (6-week support visits and calls following hospital discharge – no personal care involved)
- Help as a refugee or asylum seeker – Find out how we can help you if you’re a refugee or asylum seeker. Plus, see how we support trafficked people.
- Help for young refugees or asylum seekers – Find out how we can help if you’re a refugee, asylum seeker or vulnerable migrant aged 15 to 25.
- Help with loneliness – If you’re living with loneliness, or know someone who is, we can help you connect with your local community and find new friends and activities.
- Help with money problems – If you’re struggling with money problems, find out where you could get help through a period of financial difficulty.
- Find my missing family – Get help finding missing relatives abroad through our international family tracing service.
- Prepare for emergencies – Tips, advice and free apps to prepare for extreme weather and terrorist alerts.
Hull HU1 2DB