Who we are?
Guide Dogs UK -Hull & East Riding Community Team
- Providing mobility for the blind and partially sighted. Supporting research, raising awareness and campaigning for the visually impaired.
- We support people who are living with sight loss to live their lives with help & support
- Guide Dogs and assistance dogs : where we match a trained right dog with a Guide dog owner
- My Guide : sighted guides support people to do the things that enjoy and choose to do by engaging in their community
- Telephone & Online Advice
- Functional & Practical skills
- Children & Young Peoples Services: we want to ensure we support & empower parents to be there for their child to empower, build skills and confidence
Every day 250 people in the UK start to lose their sight.
The number of people living with sight loss in the UK set to double by 2050, the need for our services is growing.Less than 1% of our income comes from government funding. We rely on donations to keep our life-changing services running.
This is why we need your help!
We have various volunteering opportunities from:
- Fundraising all roles and this is much more than shaking a bucket!
- Micro volunteering from home
- My Sighted Guides
- Puppy raisers
Volunteering makes a big difference to the lives of the people we support but also to you as it means :-
- Meeting new people
- Engaging in the community
- Learning new skills
- Enhancing your CV
- Supporting well-being and mental health
- And more importantly making a big difference to the lives of people living with sight loss
Beverley HU17 0LF