Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS)
Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS) was established in 1981 with the aim of supporting the development of voluntary and community groups and volunteering in Hull.
Our aims are to:
- Promote the valuable work of voluntary and community groups and the importance of volunteering to the City;
- Support the development of new groups;
- Bring groups together to share information and good practice;
- Provide support services which help groups to improve their work for maximum impact;
- Enable groups to have a voice on issues of common concern.
In addition to supporting the local sector, Hull CVS also directly delivers a range of projects to support Hull’s local communities. See our Community Projects pages for more information.
Like all charities, Hull CVS have faced increased financial difficulty over recent years with core funding becoming increasingly obsolete. Despite this, Hull CVS has not only survived, but has developed in to a self-sustained vibrant organisation. In taking an innovative approach to our operations, we have expanded our services to a wider reach, and diversified in to new areas of opportunity. This has included launching two local nurseries, Rainbow Nursery and Rainbow Pre-School; as well as developing a Community Interest Company (Meeting New Horizons) to enable us to extend our support and services across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
75 Beverley Road
Hull HU3 1XL