Skills 4 Holme is an organisation set up to provide skills training which will help young people obtain employment and do it in a way in which they will enjoy themselves. The focus of the training is carpentry, horticultural, and other practical activities. The minimum age for people to join the project is 18.
The workshops and other facilities are at Oaks Farm in Bulmer Lane, Holme on Spalding Moor. Several farm buildings have been converted with the aid of a grant from the Big Lottery Fund.
The programmes and other activities aim at:
- Providing people with an opportunity of work-like experience
- Helping people to re-gain or gain practical vocational skills
- Reinforcing people’s confidence and self-esteem
- Providing people with the appropriate basic skills
- Increasing people’s chances of employment
- Developing people’s job-searching skills, including making job applications and interviewing skills
- Promoting understanding of disability, ethnicity, diversity and equality
Holme-On-Spalding-Moor, YO43 4HE